THE PROJECT

Inspired by the assertion in the book "Outliers," that 10,000 hours are required to "master" a skill, I seek to become a "master" in writing. I plan on documenting my 10,000 hour journey of reading and writing.

Sunday, March 20, 2011

Snow Day

So it's snowing.  It's snowing alot.  They called this storm a "snowicane," a mountain hurricane.  As a result, I spent much of the day reading and writing.  I am pleased to add an additional 4 hours to the total. 

On audiobook, I am listening to an interview with Stephen King.  He is a delight to listen to! 

On my bedside table, sits stacks of books.  I read the most incredible short story today, published by One Story.  K.L Cook wrote Filament, and it is a beautiful and tragic story.  I had recently subscribed to One Story.  This was the first issue.  They send one story at a time, thus it feels less overwhelming.  I gobbled it up with my morning cup of tea! 

I also started The Pillars of the Earth today, by Ken Follett.  A friend lent it to me.  I have seen the miniseries already, which was captivating.  I realized I better dig in, since it is nearly 1000 pages and I want to return the book to my friend in the year 2011!

I also spent time blogging (I am kind of enjoying this), and revising Chapter 2 and 3 of my novel. 

Total: 4 hours

No comments:

Post a Comment