THE PROJECT

Inspired by the assertion in the book "Outliers," that 10,000 hours are required to "master" a skill, I seek to become a "master" in writing. I plan on documenting my 10,000 hour journey of reading and writing.

Saturday, March 19, 2011

Some good writing?

I pushed through the resistance today.  I noticed that I became reactive and overly stressed at work, immediately gobbling down 3 large chocolate chips cookies and putting my pancreas on notice.  I found, as usual, the rise and crash of my insulin levels (like the stock market and the tsunami) are not actually helpful as a coping strategy.  Isn't the definition of crazy doing the same thing over and over again and expecting a different result? 

So, I tried writing as a coping skill.  Bingo!  It actually works.  I spent 90 minutes tonight revising Chapter 2 of my novel and writing character notes on my heroine.  I forced myself to work on the revision.  Sometimes the process of writing a novel is overwhelming!

Total time today: blogging 30 min, audiobook 90 min, novel revision 90 minutes. 

3.5 hours

Note to self: more writing, less sugar.

No comments:

Post a Comment